Is it a place where you “shine things up” in the least amount of time?
Do you expect to provide a “new patient experience” in less than an hour and a half?
Is your hygiene department contributing to the growth of your practice?
The hygiene department is a doorway to which your patients enter your practice. It takes time to form relationships, create trust, educate patients and market your practice to the other services you provide.
Consider the services that could be completed to provide Above Average care:
- Review and Document a complete Medical History
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Dental and Periodontal Charting
- Taking Dental Radiographs and Review of Findings
- Intraoral Photography
- Explanation of Possible Treatment Options
- Oral Hygiene Instructions
- Oral Prophylaxis or Scheduling of Non Surgical Soft Tissue Management
- Complete Treatment Planning
- Financial Arrangements
Patients expect a clean, organized, friendly and professional office with an attention to detail. Exceptional care and positive interactions between your staff and patients will increase patients referrals to your office. Remember, if this patient doesn’t need treatment at this time maybe they know someone who does.
Your first impression is everything.